Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine Cookies

We spent Valentines Day at Dave and Jen's house. We went to the temple and did a session and then went out to breakfast. We got back and we felt like baking cookies. Davin was a little excited and kept sneaking his hand into to dough to eat it.

He really liked cutting the dough with the cookie cutter. He couldn't do it by himself of course but he had a death grip on the cutter! That's his Aunt Karlee ((Brady's youngest sister--she's 15)) that's holding him by the way.

See the little finger coming into the camera?? That would be Davin....and yes he poked a hole in one of the hearts and ate the dough that was left on his fingers!

Well we didn't get to go to church on Sunday because Davin's cough was really bad again. He seriously sounded like a dog. We didn't think he needed to get anyone else sick so we just let him stay home and rest. I got the urge to make cookies--the same kind we made with Jen. They were just simple sugar cookies. I'm not a very good baker AT ALL. Everything I've made since we've been married, I've ruined or burned or something--that's why Brady cooks! He had experience on his mission in Ukraine! Anyways, I made the dough and I thought "man I hope these turn out." So I decided to taste the dough to see if it tasted the same as Jen's did. IT DID!!! It tasted so good so I knew I was doing something right. So I cut mine out and put them into the oven and guess what....I MADE MY FIRST BATCH OF COOKIES WITHOUT RUINING OR BURNING THEM! You have no idea how excited I was. Brady even ate one and usually he's scared to even try anything. I guess what they say is true....practice makes perfect!

And...yeah that's a Denver Bronco shirt that Davin is wearing. My aunt Sue got that for him at my baby shower and the only reason she got it was because my Dad is a HUGE bronco fan. My mom is too! Brady tells everyone he's always whiny when he's in bronco clothes. He told Davin the other day "just because you're wearing the quarterback's jersey that whines all the time doesn't mean you have to be whiny too." I had to take a picture and send one to my mom and to my dad because they wouldn't believe that Brady would let him wear one. It looks cute on him though and that's all that matters to his momma!

1 comment:

  1. He sure is a cutie!! Getting very big!! Jennie bakes the BEST cookies ever!!! Looks like he had fun. Sure you can follow our blog if you don't mind I follow yours!!! Congrats on the COOKIES. That's how I was when Jeff and I were first married. (The cooking part) With time now I can cook real good. Most of the time haha

    ReplyDelete