Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Mr. Independent

I knew the day would come when Dav would want to start doing things on his own....and it has. Whenever we eat he'll want to feed himself or give himself a drink....


He'll still let one of us put him to sleep but a couple times a week we hear nothing but silence and we wonder where he went. We figure he's either in one of the bathrooms ((he learned how to flush the toilet and if we can't find him--thats the first place we look)) or we look on the floor and find him with his blanket ((he doesn't fall asleep with out it)) sound asleep.

It makes me sad that he's growing up so fast. He's at a really fun age and is starting to talk and is really playful. What makes me REALLY happy is.....HE LOVES TO DO DISHES! He definitely doesn't get that from mom because I HATE it! If he sees a sink full of bubbles or a dishwasher open he's more then willing to help. Hopefully it's not just a phase..and..yes its a knife, it's always the first thing he'll pull out and he thinks it's funny to try and tickle you with it!

I know that he'll get more independent the older he gets, it's just crazy that my baby isn't really a baby anymore. BUT I know that he'll always love me as his mommy and I'm SO SO thankful for that. :)

2 comments:

  1. I don't have ANY of those pics......you better get to work missy!!!

    Nanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute! My nephew loves to do dishes too. Wonder what is so fascinating about dishes for toddlers because we adults don't seem to like to do them. Maybe we need to get back in touch with our "inner child".
    Keep posting pictures; I love them!

    ReplyDelete