Thursday, September 27, 2012

Meet Wrigley...Our Newest Addition

We were over in Rangely, CO at my grandmas house visiting about a month or so ago, and she has a puppy. His name is Poncho and he's a little chihuahua and he HATES kids. She had to buy a little collar that spits out a citrus smell in his face because whenever he sees a kid, he freaks out and starts barking. My boys LOVE Poncho. We were over there for 4 days and by the end of the 4 days Poncho was loving my boys as well. He was finally getting use to them, letting them pet him, giving him treats, the whole works. On the way home Brady says "so I've been thinking about getting you a small dog". Of course I got a little excited. We've had a couple indoor dogs and I've loved all of them but one. The two I loved died, and the one I hated we gave back to the owner. I've always wanted a Dachshund or a Yorkie puppy. Both so cute! We got to looking and guess what we found---a DORKIE! Half Dachshund and half Yorkie. We ended up bringing him home and my kids have been loving him. He's the cutest little thing and just loves to play with the boys. When I'm ready to get the boys dressed in the mornings before we take them to daycare, we will say "come on Wrigley lets go wake the boys up" and he books it to Davins room and waits by his bed ((he's teeny so he can't jump on anything)) so we can lift him up on his bed. He will lick and jump all over the boys. They must love him because before Wrigley, they were both little bears to wake up in the mornings, but when he wakes them up they are all giggles and smiles! The first thing they want when we get home after work, is to let Wrigley out of his kennel so they can take him outside. We've only had him a few weeks but we've enjoyed him a lot! Davin and Trevin even got him his very own Batman shirt!





1 comment: